Hey there, how are you feeling about your work today?
Does achieving work satisfaction keep you awake at night? Start by figuring out what tasks give you energy and which ones drain you.
You love these tasks! You want more! You wish work was only these tasks for the rest of your life.
- Work feels effortless
- You approach every task with excitement
- You want to keep going on and on
- Quick results, high levels of productivity
- You are confident you can deliver with your eyes closed
- You are confident you can find solutions for challenges that arise
- Where did time go? Is your everyday slogan
- You learning fast,
- You love trying out new skills and approaches seemingly by auto-pilot.
Your JUST OK Tasks
You can handle these but just up to a certain amount. You don’t mind them too much.
- You are just comfortable, but not overly excited.
- Sometimes tasks are boring yes
- You feel ok to jump into these tasks but given a chance choice, you possibly wouldn’t
- You deliver just good enough work unless you put conscious effort into going the extra mile
- If you take on more of this work, you start feeling drained
- You are ok to learn new skills, in this area but would rather choose something else
- You often need a motivation boost, to get going
You dread them. You want to disappear or call for sick leave. You hack them or not, either way, you hate them. You wish there was a way out.
- In another life, you would be doing anything else but this
- You are always tired after this type of work
- You remain unenthusiastic about the tasks, and need to really psyche yourself for the task or find a higher purpose to get it done
- Tasks take forever to complete
- After 1 task, you need an hour break
- If someone takes these tasks from you, you jump around like a 5-year-old
- Work just feels like a punishment, you can’t relate how other people enjoy what they do
- Learning any new skill, makes you feel incapable
How is work feeling lately? Getting your JD 70% aligned to tasks that give you energy is a key ingredient for career satisfaction and happiness.
Our Career Happiness Diagnostics Tool coupled with our Right Job For You Assessment, does the magic in helping you figure your first steps for alignment.
Let’s start talking!